For those who still do not realize how important it is to vacuum carpets regularly, here are some of the reasons to consider:
1. Vacuuming carpets prevents soil and dirt from damaging carpet fibers. Vacuuming frequently prevents dirt build-up from grinding the carpet and wearing it out.
2. Health problems can also be avoided by keeping your carpets clean and fresh. Some family members may suffer asthma and allergies if you have a dirty carpet floor.
3. Regular vacuuming will prevent accumulation of dirt and dust mites. Keeping carpets clean will help in maintaining indoor air clean since people spend most of their time indoors.
4. If you have pets, vacuuming is all the more crucial to prevent pest manifestation in the carpet.
5. Regular vacuuming prolongs the carpet’s life. A dirty carpet equals a shorter life span. Well-cared for carpets do not need replacing so this will save you money.
Keeping the Carpet in Good Condition
Everyone likes a beautiful home. Carpets cover large parts of living areas so keeping them clean and presentable is a must. In maintaining the beauty of a carpet, the best way to take care of it is to prevent dirt or soil from touching the carpet.
Make sure to put mats on door entrances so dirt from the outside does not get dragged inside as the shoes touch the carpet. Still, even with mats, dust and dirt will eventually settle into your carpet. Regular cleaning is the only way to keep your carpet in good condition. If you have plush carpets, make sure to take more time in vacuuming since dirt may be deeply embedded into them.
You must be aware, however, that inefficient, inexpensive vacuums can also damage carpets instead of clean them. Make sure to invest in high quality vacuums and be careful in choosing the type of vacuum you choose to buy.
Cleaning Out Stains
No matter how careful you are, accidents may happen occasionally. Spilled colored drinks or children’s paint can cause stains. Stains can be taken care of by using the right type of cleaning agent such as detergent or baking soda.
Some stains that have set in for too long sometimes cannot be removed by simple cleaning. These cases must be taken care of by professionals. Experimenting or using harsh cleaning materials may just damage them instead of clean. Know when to let professionals step in.
Proper maintenance and care for your carpets is important. Its benefits weigh more than the trouble it brings of constant cleaning. You will be able to get the most of your investment, not having to replace your beloved carpets too soon. Just stick to your cleaning routines to ensure that you are living in a clean and healthy environment.
Besides vacuuming, it is also important to periodically deep clean carpets with a carpet cleaner. These are machines that will scrub and clean the carpeting, and then suction off the water. These appliances can be rented from supermarkets, or else purchased for home use. Here is a demonstration of a Bissell Proheat 2X carpet cleaner in action.
Picture credit: Pixabay user kropekk_pl, Public Domain License
- Stain-Cleaning with Martha Stewart and Meurice Garment Care - May 9, 2018
- What Are The Best Handheld Carpet Cleaners? - August 4, 2017
- 5 Best Pet Carpet Cleaners For Removing Pet Stains And Odors - May 22, 2017