The Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner F7412900 is a very popular and well-liked Hoover carpet cleaner model. Hoover carpet steam cleaners are noted for their cleaning effectiveness. In particular, the Max Extract Dual V F7412900 stands out for it’s trusted cleaning power, widepath design and ease of operations. Let’s review the main features and how it makes the task of carpet cleaning effective and easy to do.
Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner Features & Benefits
Counter Rotating Brushing – The MaxExtract Dual V F7412900 has 6 counter spinning brushheads that allow for thorough cleaning of carpets. The machine incorporates Hoover’s patented SpinScrub technology that enhances the pick up and clearing off of dirt and stains better than traditional uni-directional rotating brushes in other machines. You can see clear evidence that this technology works as a lot of users have reported near astounding results, sometimes better than commercial grade machines.
Multiple Brush Speeds – The counter rotating brushing motion comes in 3 speeds: gentle, spill pick-up and power scrub. This gives additional control to the user to decide on the level of scrubbing, and that carpet threads do not get over-worn through excessive scrubbing that is not needed.
High Powered – This carpet extractor has a horsepower of 12 amp. Although not a commercial grade cleaner, it has enough power that rivals that of commercial carpet cleaners that are rented at supermarkets.
Widepath – Regular Hoover SteamVacs have 5 brushheads. This is a widepath model with 6 brushheads or 20% more coverage. For users, it means faster or more thorough cleaning as the machine can cover a wider space with the same amount of cleaning strokes.
Edge Cleaning Bristles – Cleaning carpeting near the edges (eg. next to walls) can be difficult as the space is hard to cover. However, with these well-designed bristles, one can expect good cleaning to happen even near the edges.
Takes Hot Water – The clean water tank can take hot water to bring about better cleaning.
Separate Water Tanks For Clean and Dirty Water – There are two separate water tanks to keep the dirty water away from the clean water. This is not a single water tank system separated by a middle partition. Users do not have to worry about the dirt mixing in at all.
Separate Detergent Compartment & Rinse Mode – A separate detergent compartment is present. Users like it because it allows for the flexibility to do a rinse only pass without detergent. Not only that, it saves detergent. Users can simply save any unused detergent for their next cleaning.
8 Foot Hose & Handheld Tool – The long hose and handheld tool comes in handy for cleaning upholstery, stairs and other hard to reach areas.
1 Year Warranty – There is a one year manufacturer’s warranty with the product. Hoover has a great reputation as a company that stands behind their products and honoring their warranty. Customers who have experienced trouble with their machines say that they were able to get useful advice and support.
Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner Review
Gets Carpets Very Clean
The Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner F7412-900 performs highly in terms of how well it cleans. Going through customer reviews, one can see lots of excited comments from users. Customers have used phrases like “worked beautifully,” “best carpet cleaner I’ve ever used,” “amazing cleaner” “love this machine!”
It has even removed old stains that users thought would be permanent. From pet stains, to juice stains, to coffee stains, vomit and more, this machine is powerful in what it can clean up. That’s why it’s ranked one of the top 5 machines on the Carpet Cleaning Machines reviews page.
Fast Drying With Heated Air Feature
Users can also expect fast carpet dry times after using the cleaner. The Hoover MaxExtract F7412900 carpet cleaner is designed to direct heated air over the carpet to ensure fast drying. Together with machine’s powerful suction that sucks up the water, users get to enjoy their clean and dry carpets within a few hours after washing.
One of the gripes with carpet washing is the long wait for the carpet to dry up. The dry time here is a lot less compared with other carpet machines, even ones used by professional cleaning services, where users have waited a day and more for their carpets to dry up.
Easy To Use, Well-Designed
The Hoover MaxExtract F7412900 is easy to use and assemble. Many users like how fast they can get the machine up and running. The machine is designed to have intuitive controls for easy operations.
Good Sized Tanks
The water tanks in the Max Extract Dual V F7412-900 are a good size for its class of extractors at 1 gallon. Users are pleased with the size of these tanks. They are not too large to hinder the weight and maneuverability of the machines, and not too small that users need to empty and refill many times over in order to get the carpet cleaning done.
Compared To Other Best Rated Hoover Models
This Hoover MaxExtract Dual V F7412-900 carpet cleaner has several advantages compared to other best rated Hoover carpet extractors.
- Widepath. – Compared to models like the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 or the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer FH50150, this machine has a 20% wider cleaning path for faster cleaning.
- Separate detergent compartment & Rinse mode. – The Max Extract Dual V machine features a separate detergent compartment and a rinse-only switch. This allows for easy carpet rinsing. It can also save users detergent.
- Costs more. – It costs about $30 to $40 more than the most popular Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 model. Users pay more for the premium features like rinse-only cleaning and widepath cleaning.
- On the heavy side. – At 27 lbs, the machine is heavier than other Hoover machines like the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 (20 lbs) and Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro Carpet Deep Cleaner FH50220 (22 lbs).
For a side-by-side comparison of the Hoover MaxExtract Dual V vs. the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge, MaxExtract 60 PressurePro, Power Scrub Deluxe and Bissell Pro Heat 2x, check out this Compare Carpet Cleaning Machines chart.
There is an upgraded version of this cleaner that will also clean hard floors like ceramic tiles and sealed hardwood floors. If you are interested, check out the Hoover Max Extract Dual V All Terrain Carpet Washer F7452900PC.
Things To Watch Out For
If you do decide to get this machine, here are some helpful tips and things to look out for:
1. Read the both the manual and quick guide. Although it is tempting to get the machine up and running once you have gotten it, it can save you time overall to review the documentation first and understand how to best go about using the machine for cleaning. There are tips and guidance on how to use the machine well.
2. Make sure you have all the tanks, lids and components aligned in place. Some users experienced leakages from the water tanks. This is often an issue of not placing the tanks right and snapping them into place. It could also lower the suction and cleaning power.
3. Empty the tanks after you are done with cleaning. If you leave some water in the tanks, it could wear down the parts. This is especially so for dirty water tanks with dirt particles and detergent. Further, if the tanks and lids are not in place, you could also experience leaking.
4. Hoover recommends using it’s own branded detergents. Consider getting a good and effective detergent like this Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Detergent to use with the machine. Users like the results and they save time and effort in doing it right the first try. There are lots of reviews from users on how effectively these carpet cleaning detergents clean. For heavy cleaning, try the Hoover Platinum Pet Detergent, and for normal use, the Hoover Clean Plus 2X is a great choice.
Should You Buy The Hoover Maxextract Dual V Carpet Cleaner F7412-900?
The Hoover MaxExtract Dual V carpet cleaner is a superb carpet cleaner that will allows users to get even the most heavily soiled carpets cleaned and dried quickly. It allows users to have their own carpet cleaning machine for both regular or occasional carpet cleaning and stain removal, without the fuss of dragging home a rental machine each time, or having to pay a professional cleaning service.
Overall, the Hoover MaxExtract Dual V Carpet Cleaner F7412-900 is the best choice if you are looking for effective cleaning results, easy and intuitive handling, fast widepath cleaning, convenient carpet rinsing and fast drying time.
Ready for clean carpets?
Hoover Max Extract Dual V WidePath Carpet Washer Deals
Back to top
Not sure if the Hoover MaxExtract Dual V is right for you? Check out a list of the top carpet cleaners for home users.
Limitation: We put every effort to provide the most accurate and helpful information but we cannot provide any warranties on this information. Please always research and use your discernment before you try the product or make a purchase.
- Stain-Cleaning with Martha Stewart and Meurice Garment Care - May 9, 2018
- What Are The Best Handheld Carpet Cleaners? - August 4, 2017
- 5 Best Pet Carpet Cleaners For Removing Pet Stains And Odors - May 22, 2017