The Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro is a highly rated home carpet cleaning machine. Hoover offers the best home carpet machines in the market today. This model is no exception. In fact, it is designed to clean even better than regular Hoover SteamVacs. Users like this model because it has a pressurized jet cleaning feature for combating pet stains, as well as widepath cleaning for greater efficiency. Let’s first review the features and what they mean for users.
Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro Carpet Cleaner Features & Benefits
SpinScrub Technology – The Max Extract 60 incorporates Hoover’s Spinscrub patented technology of counter-rotating brush heads. It features 6 brush heads that attack dirt and stains from every angle to ensure that they get cleaned out effectively. Hoover’s SpinScrub technology is best of class for home carpet cleaning machines – it is what makes Hoover the leader in this market.
Pressurized Water Jet For Deep Cleaning – The Max Extract Pressure Pro 60 also sprays a wall of pressurized water that deep cleans stubborn stains and dirt that are not removed by the Spin Brush mechanism alone. This works well for pet owners with urine and poop stains, and for people who need to deal with highly trafficked and dirty carpets. (Remember to pretreat bad stains.)
High Powered – Users like the high power of 10 amps for this machine. Although it is a home carpet cleaner, this level of power is quite close to what a professional grade machine like the Rug Doctor has.
Widepath – The use of 6 brush heads provides added coverage for ground covered. Compared to the regular Hoover SteamVac model which has 5 brush heads, users get another 20% in additional coverage. This can save time for cleaning larger areas, or provide additional cleaning power with the same number of cleaning strokes. The width is 13 inches.
Separate Clean/Dirty Water Tanks – There are separate water tanks for clean and dirty water. Users are free to drain and remove each compartment separately. Many users prefer this set-up as it is easier handling compared to one single tank incorporating both compartments.
Separate Detergent Compartment – The machine has a separate detergent compartment. Leftover detergent can be saved for the next use.
Rinse Mode – There is a rinse only mode for carpet washing. Users can use the rinse switch to rinse their carpets whenever they want. This makes it easy to clean off the soap from the carpets when desired. This features is sought after because people realize that it’s healthy to clean off as much detergent residue as possible from carpets. It’s especially important if there are pets and children around.
9 Ft Hose & Upholstery Tool – A long 9 foot hose and upholstery tool makes it easy to clean upholstery and the stairs. A number of users use this for their car upholstery and mats as well. Users say that attaching and using the hand tool is easy, and probably better designed for usability than the Hoover Steamvac With Clean Surge F5914-900.
Cord Length – The generous cord length of 20 ft provides flexibility in moving the machine around bigger spaces when cleaning. There is no need to plug and unplug all the time because of cord length limits.
2 Year Warranty – The product comes with 2 years limited warranty from the company. Hoover is a good company that honors their warranty terms.
[walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/17435674 Check Price/Availability at Walmart.com]
Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro Review
Excellent Cleaning Results
The Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro FH50220 is a deep carpet cleaning machine. Most people know that Hoover domestic carpet cleaners clean the best, but this model even improves on the already excellent results from regular Hoover SteamVac’s like the Clean Surge F5914-900. Besides the power of Hoover’s SpinBrush technology, the Max Extract 60 also incorporates the PressurePro feature which forcefully pushes out water for pressured cleaning. The added power of this cleaning has not gone unnoticed by users. There are lots of words that users describe the machine with, such as “excellent results,” “professional results,” “amazing cleaner,” “love the Max Extract 60.”
Carpets Dry Fast
The Hoover MaxExtract SpinScrub 60 has a heated air feature that pushes hot air to the carpets to let them dry fast. In addition, the Max Extract Dual V Nozzle technology also provides even suction power that will ensure that a maximum amount of water gets sucked into the dirty water tanks. With these two features in action, this Hoover carpet cleaner allows for the quickest dry time possible. Many users are surprised by how quickly their carpets dry after a really thorough cleaning. Many user reviews report that the wait here is shorter than what they have experienced with other machines and professional services.
Easy To Use – Easier Than The Regular Hoover SteamVac
The Hoover MaxExtract 60 is very easy to set-up and use. The machine has been carefully designed for good usability and the overall construction is sturdy. The controls are handy, and it is easy to fill and empty the water tanks and fit them back in place. In addition, the hand tools are also easy to attach and put into action.
Good Size & Tank Capacity
The Hoover MaxExtract 60 is a larger sized machine that allows for much cleaning to be done at one go. It is larger in size than the regular Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe. It also has a wider cleaning path, so more cleaning can be accomplished at each go.
Compared To Other Best Rated Hoover Models
Hoover MaxExtract 60 Pressure Pro SpinScrub FH50220 has several advantages compared to other best rated Hoover models (see comparison chart here):
- Better cleaning power compared to regular Hoover carpet cleaners. The difference is most noticeable when cleaning really dirty and high traffic areas. This is due to the combination of both the SpinBrush (counter rotating brush heads) and PressurePro features (pushes out pressurized water for deeper cleaning). Only this model and the Hoover Max Extract 77 FH50240 has this feature.
- Easy to use. Compared to the Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge model, the tanks here are easy to align and snap in place. Hand tool attachments are also more intuitive and handy to access and use.
- Widepath. It is a widepath machine, offering 20% cleaning path coverage than the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe FH50150.
- Separate detergent compartment and Rinse mode. This feature allows for easy carpet rinsing. It can also save detergent. This feature is not available with the more popular Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge model.
- Does not have multiple brush head speeds.
- Heavier and bigger than the Hoover Power Scrub or Hoover SteamVac
- No powered SpinScrub hand tool included with package.
- Costs more. It’s more expensive than the more popular Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge F5914-900 model.
Things To Watch Out For
1. Read the manual. There are lots of great tips and instructions provided to get the best of the machine. Although the Hoover MaxExtract 60 is an easy machine to use, and users already familiar with Hoover carpet cleaning machines may have no problems just winging it, users can still get some great reminders and learn a few new tips reading the manual. The only confusion may be that this manual is also shared with machines with an auto-rinse feature. This machine does not have an auto rinse mode. Users need to manually turn the rinse setting on for carpet rinsing.
2. Set everything in place with care. Most users have little trouble putting the tanks and lids in place. However, it still pays to put a little attention and make sure everything is aligned when setting the tanks in place, to prevent possible leakages.
3. Use Hoover branded detergent. Hoover recommends using their own detergent for best results, as well as to prevent parts erosion and possible component damage. One user said that the concentration of soap bubbles with alternative brands could also result in leakages from the water tank. The carpet cleaning machine package comes with a small 16 oz bottle of Hoover detergent, which is enough to get the user started cleaning a small area or room. If you plan on any serious carpet cleaning soon, consider having a full-sized bottle of Hoover detergent ready. Most users purchase the Hoover Platinum Collection Carpet Detergent (for pet stains and heavily soiled carpets) with this model.
Should You Buy The Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro?
Most users like how clean their carpets get, how easy it to use, and how sturdy the machine is. It is a machine that provides professional level results without the high cost and hassle of renting machines or employing a professional cleaning service.
Overall, the Hoover MaxExtract 60 Pressure Pro deep carpet cleaner does an excellent job with cleaning out stubborn old stains and renewing the life of dirty carpets. It offers fast widepath cleaning, an added powered jet water cleaning feature for higher effectiveness and an easy rinsing mode to clear off the detergent. For all these reasons, the Hoover MaxExtract 60 PressurePro makes a great choice.
Hoover Hoover MaxExtract 60 Pressure Pro Deals
Check Price/Availability at the Amazon
Check out the List of Best 10 Machines on the Carpet Cleaning Machines Reviews page.
- Stain-Cleaning with Martha Stewart and Meurice Garment Care - May 9, 2018
- What Are The Best Handheld Carpet Cleaners? - August 4, 2017
- 5 Best Pet Carpet Cleaners For Removing Pet Stains And Odors - May 22, 2017
Steve Dyar says
I disagree with the quality of the accessories for this machine. It cleans carpets as advertised, but all of the accessories have failed at least once. The upholstery cleaning attachment cracked in multiple places during its first use, this accessory has been replaced twice at my expense. The tank that came with the machine failed the fifth use. Hoover customer service stated the tank had to be emptied and allowed to air dry after each use, stipulated that only Hoover cleaning solution can be used, and that storing the tank even with plain water would damage the tank components. Two tanks later I was being led to believe by Hoover that I was doing something wrong when I demanded a free tank rather than paying out of pocket for a fourth tank. The fourth tank for my machine was different than the other three, the color was different as well as the nozzle on the bottom of the tank that dispenses water and solution. The new tank is clearly the wrong tank, my machine now freely dispenses liquid without depressing the trigger on both the floor nozzles and the upholstery nozzle. This machine is just over ten months old and is used twice a week to clean carpets in my home.